ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

BUA commences legal action over allegations of $20 million bribe scandal

by Usman Kadri
March 9, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
BUA commences legal action over allegations of $20 million bribe scandal
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

The management of BUA Group has commenced legal actions against parties involved in spreading spurious allegations of corruption and involvement in a $20 million bribe scandal.

The Moment Nigeria reports that the leading conglomerate revealed that the corruption allegations which were published by some Nigerian news channels allegedly attributed to a purported statement by Alhaji Ibrahim Mai Deribe and Cavendish Petroleum with respect to BUA’s OML 110 as false, defamatory, malicious and libellous.

According to the statement published by the management of BUA, the Group had been duly contacted by Cavendish Petroleum as well as the alleged writer of the statement, Alhaji Ibrahim Mai Deribe and both parties have told BUA on the record that neither Cavendish, the Mai Deribe Family nor any of its Executives put out such a malicious statement.

RELATED STORIES

PHOTOS: Parents of abducted Niger School students stage fresh protest

PHOTOS: Parents of abducted Niger School students stage fresh protest

November 30, 2025
Senator Natasha threatens Enugu Senator over deleted whatsApp comment

Senator Natasha threatens Enugu Senator over deleted whatsApp comment

November 30, 2025

The Group noted that the statement was made with the clear intent to impugn the integrity and reputation of BUA Group and its Chairman, Alhaji Abdul Samad Rabiu.
An inhouse investigation conducted by the Group revealed that the source of the fraudulent news is Mr James Onyejekwe, the MD of Kainos Exploration and Production.

In reaction to this, BUA has therefore instructed its legal team to immediately commence criminal defamation proceedings against the MD of Kainos, the said originator of the malicious letter fraudulently attributed to Alhaji Ibrahim Mai Deribe, with damages.

The legal action will also extend to the online blog, blazenews.com.ng – which first published the unsubstantiated malicious news without a careful fact check in their duty of journalistic care, to confirm and clarify the source of such a weighty allegation.

The Group believes these actions are necessary, in order to protect the name and reputation of the manufacturing conglomerate, noting that there is no reason why Mr. James Onyejekwe of Kainos Exploration and Processing would single out BUA in a supposed business dispute which had no link to the BUA Group in its entirety.

Next Post
IWD 2021: Zedcrest encourages women to vie for leadership roles

IWD 2021: Zedcrest encourages women to vie for leadership roles

More Articles...

Man Utd comes from behind to beat Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park

Man Utd comes from behind to beat Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park

November 30, 2025
PHOTOS: Parents of abducted Niger School students stage fresh protest

PHOTOS: Parents of abducted Niger School students stage fresh protest

November 30, 2025
Bandits attack church in Kogi, abduct pastor and his wife

Bandits attack church in Kogi, abduct pastor and his wife

November 30, 2025
Wike revokes land belonging to Patience Jonathan, Fayose, Emir of Ilorin, others (Full List)

Wike revokes land belonging to Patience Jonathan, Fayose, Emir of Ilorin, others (Full List)

November 30, 2025
Turkiye warns Ukraine after black sea drone strikes

Turkiye warns Ukraine after black sea drone strikes

November 30, 2025
DR Congo and Rwanda to sign US-mediated peace deal

DR Congo and Rwanda to sign US-mediated peace deal

November 30, 2025

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport