ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Court issues arrest warrant against UBA, top executives over Osun LG accounts scandal

by Usman Kadri
January 31, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
N5bn Scandal Rocks UBA as firm alleges secret ‘ghost’ account, forged mandates
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

A Chief Magistrate’s Court sitting in Osogbo has issued arrest warrants against United Bank for Africa Plc and four of its senior officials over allegations bordering on the illegal operation and maintenance of bank accounts in the names of the 30 local government councils in Osun State.

The case, Suit No. MOS/601c/2025, was instituted by the Osun State Government and was heard on Friday at the Magistrate’s Court in Osogbo.

In a Certified True Copy (CTC) of the order titled “Warrant for Arrest of Defendant Who Has Disobeyed Summons (General Title – Form No. 1)”, the court directed the Osun State Commissioner of Police to immediately apprehend the defendants for failing to honour court summons.

RELATED STORIES

‘$12m fraud’: SunTrust Bank MD, Halima Buba seeks court nod to travel abroad for medical care

‘$12m fraud’: SunTrust Bank MD, Halima Buba seeks court nod to travel abroad for medical care

February 20, 2026
False Rape Claim: Police Confirm Arrest Of Mirabel

False Rape Claim: Police Confirm Arrest Of Mirabel

February 20, 2026

According to the order, the court noted that a complaint had been made alleging that the defendants allowed unauthorised persons to operate and maintain 30 bank accounts opened in favour of Osun State’s local government councils at UBA.

The court stated that although the defendants were duly served, they failed to appear in court, prompting the issuance of arrest warrants compelling their appearance to answer the charges or face further legal consequences.

“You are hereby commanded to bring the defendant(s) before the Magistrate’s Court forthwith to answer to the said complaint or be further dealt with according to law,” the order read in part.

UBA Executives Named

Those listed as defendants alongside the bank are:

Oliver Alawuba, Group Managing Director/CEO

Billy Odum, Company Secretary and Group Legal Adviser

Chukwuma Nweke, Deputy Managing Director

31-Count Charge Filed

Court documents reveal that the Osun State Government slammed the defendants with a 31-count charge, with each count linked to alleged infractions in the opening and operation of bank accounts for the state’s 30 local government councils.

In Count One, the prosecution alleged that the defendants, on or about December 9, 2025, at the Olonkoro branch of UBA in Osogbo, conspired to commit a felony by opening, operating, and maintaining what it described as illegal local government council accounts.

The offence is said to be contrary to Section 516 of the Criminal Code, Cap 34, Volume 2, Laws of Osun State, 2002.

The defendants were also accused of permitting unknown private individuals to serve as signatories to the accounts, despite the Local Government Service Commission officially introducing duly authorised Directors of Administration, General Services, and Finance for the councils.

Prosecutors said this act violated Sections 2 and 3(1)(2) and is punishable under Section 5(1)(2) of the Osun State Local Government Accounts Administration Law, 2025.

Court Adjourns Case

At a previous sitting in December 2025, the presiding Chief Magistrate, Mr. A. A. Adeyeba, ordered that the defendants be served through email addresses and substituted service via newspapers.

The case has now been adjourned to February 10, 2026, for trial.

This development further deepens the ongoing controversy surrounding local government finances in Osun State, with the court’s action marking a major escalation in the legal battle.

Source: The PUNCH

Next Post
Firstbank commemorates 2022 Customer Service Week

First HoldCo plc posts N3.4 trillion gross earnings despite record impairment charge

More Articles...

Dangote Refinery delivers cleaner air, healthier lives with high quality fuel – MD

Dangote Refinery delivers cleaner air, healthier lives with high quality fuel – MD

February 21, 2026
FG distributes inputs, equipment to 500 smallholder farmers in Edo

Nigeria unveils plans to join palm oil producing bloc

February 21, 2026
RCCG engages members in agriculture to boost food security

RCCG engages members in agriculture to boost food security

February 21, 2026
Wild Africa urges swift pangolin protection law

Wild Africa urges swift pangolin protection law

February 21, 2026
‘We will stop any form of negotiation with terrorist’ – General Musa

FG to establish Armed Forces Medical College

February 21, 2026
APC dissolves all LG, ward executives in Enugu

APC applauds conduct of congress in Cross River

February 21, 2026

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport