ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Eniola Bolaji wins world number 1 women’s badminton player

by Honesty Victor
February 17, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Court adjourns Nigerian’s $150m suit against Google, GoDaddy.com
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

 

Nigeria’s para badminton star, Eniola Bolaji, has risen to world No. 1 in the women’s SL3 category in the latest rankings released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Bolaji attained the top spot following her silver medal finish at the 2026 World Para Badminton Championship in Bahrain.

RELATED STORIES

Saka becomes Arsenal’s highest-paid player after signing new contract

Saka becomes Arsenal’s highest-paid player after signing new contract

February 17, 2026
FA Cup fifth round draw confirmed [Full fixtures]

FA Cup fifth round draw confirmed [Full fixtures]

February 17, 2026

She lost 2–0 (21–12, 21–17) to Japan’s world No. 7, Shino Kawai, in the final at the New Capital Hall on Feb. 14.

The multiple national and African champion displaced Indonesia’s Qonitah Ikhtiar Syakuroh to emerge as the world’s top-ranked player in the category.

Her rise was further boosted by her victory at the Egypt International in January, where she successfully defended her title for the second consecutive year.

President of the Badminton Federation of Nigeria, Francis Orbih, described Bolaji’s achievement as a landmark moment for Nigeria and Africa.

Orbih said the feat reflected deliberate investment and structured support for para badminton in the country.

“This is the biggest news of the year, with Eniola Bolaji claiming the world No. 1 spot following her participation in the 2024 Paralympic Games.

“She would likely have attained this position earlier if she had competed in more tournaments last year. She regained full stability last season and has carried that momentum into this year with outstanding performances,” he said.

Orbih also acknowledged the support of key stakeholders, including the National Sports Commission, Abia State Government and GIG Logistics, for their role in the growth of para badminton in Nigeria.

He commended Bolaji’s resilience despite narrowly missing out on gold, noting that she had become the first African to win a silver medal at the Para Badminton World Championship.

“The federation will continue to provide the necessary support as she prepares for upcoming tournaments. We are confident she will continue to make Nigeria and Africa proud,” Orbih said.

Bolaji’s ascent to world No. 1 marks another milestone in her career and further cements her status as one of the leading figures in global para badminton.

Next Post
Court adjourns Nigerian’s $150m suit against Google, GoDaddy.com

Court adjourns Nigerian’s $150m suit against Google, GoDaddy.com

More Articles...

Aliko Dangote Foundation spends N1.5bn on Bayero University’s PG students

Aliko Dangote Foundation spends N1.5bn on Bayero University’s PG students

February 17, 2026
TETFund inaugurates committee on multipurpose laboratories

TETFund inaugurates committee on multipurpose laboratories

February 17, 2026
Senate re-passes Electoral Act amendment Bill, retains proviso on Clause 60(3)

Senate re-passes Electoral Act amendment Bill, retains proviso on Clause 60(3)

February 17, 2026
Tarique Rahman sworn in as Prime Minister of Bangladesh

Tarique Rahman sworn in as Prime Minister of Bangladesh

February 17, 2026
Alleged cybercrime: DSS slams El-Rufai with 3-count criminal charge

El-Rufai to spend 2nd night in EFCC’s custody

February 17, 2026
ICPC appoints new spokesperson

ICPC arraigns ministry of works director on Money laundering charges

February 17, 2026

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport