ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

2027: I didn’t step down for Gov. Kefas – Kente

by Honesty Victor
May 18, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
2027: I didn’t step down for Gov. Kefas – Kente
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

Chief David Kente, the governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has denied stepping down for Gov. Agbu Kefas, who is seeking the ticket for his re-election.

Kente stated this during a media briefing on Sunday in Jalingo.

“Contrary to information making the rounds, I am not aware of any attempt by the government to induce him.

RELATED STORIES

NDC unveils digital membership registration portal

NDC closes sale of 2027 presidential form

May 18, 2026
2027: PDP to screen Jonathan Tuesday

2027: PDP to screen Jonathan Tuesday

May 18, 2026

“I just want to clarify a few things with you gentlemen. Gov. Agbu Kefas visited me, but that wasn’t the first time. His visit therefore wasn’t anything surprising.

“It was for us to clear the air on a number of issues, including the locking up of the APC secretariat when I was coming into Jalingo a few days ago.

“They initially claimed it was for renovation, which wasn’t true as it were. However, he explained things to me, and we have reached an understanding on that.

“We discussed and agreed on a number of issues, but there is nothing like me withdrawing for him.

“The issue came up, and I reminded him of how we got to where we are.

“I requested that he surrender the ticket to me because I am his elder brother and things have not been good in the last few years.

“We agreed to consult further on the way forward. It wasn’t my decision to run, and so I’ll have to brief my people and get feedback from them.

“Though most of the people I’ve consulted so far insisted that we should continue with the contest,” he said.

Kente, a retired director of finance with the National Assembly and businessman, also denied the allegations that he was in the race to make money.

“I want it to be on record that I have never collected any money from anybody since I joined politics 10 years ago.

“I don’t have a political godfather. I rely on God in heaven, who provides me with resources to do my contests,” he said.

Kente, who said he would win in free and fair primaries, urged the APC members in the state to support him for a better future.

He decried the attempt at imposition of candidates during the Saturday APC primaries for the House of Representatives across the state, saying that if not checked, the situation would tear the party apart.

Next Post
WHO declares DRC Ebola outbreak of International Concern

WHO declares DRC Ebola outbreak of International Concern

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport