ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

FG suspends planned closure of Eko Bridge

by Honesty Victor
May 20, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
FG suspends planned closure of Eko Bridge
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

The Federal Government, yesterday, disclosed that it will not close the Eko Bridge in Lagos State, as it had earlier planned.

The Minister of Works, Senator Dave Umahi, made the disclosure during an inspection of the bridge.

Umahi said: “We directed that this bridge be closed. That was about two weeks back, but our caring President Bola Tinubu is very much concerned about the closure of this Eko Bridge.

RELATED STORIES

U.S. suspends entry for travellers from 3 African countries

U.S. suspends entry for travellers from 3 African countries

May 20, 2026
2026: Customs C-G urges Nigerians to shun illicit trades

Customs launches digital declaration system to curb airport delays

May 20, 2026

“He has asked me to come back here and take a second look at that decision so that we don’t induce much hardship on Nigerians.”

The Minister said that his team re-assessed the strength of the bridge on Monday and confirmed that the closure could be suspended at the moment.

He said: “We have done our technical evaluation in line with the President’s directive. Putting safety over and above every decision, we have seen that, for now, we are safe, but we won’t get to a situation where any Nigerian on this bridge will not be safe. We have agreed on three procedures.”

According to Umahi, the first procedure is not to close the bridge now but to monitor the progression or otherwise of the crack.

He said that the crack was not progressing either arithmetically or geometrically at the moment.

He said: “No progression so far.  We are comfortable, but a crack can occur anytime. I will return here to reassess it.”

The Minister also said that there would be remedial work on the bridge.

“That can lead us to open the entire bridge and when that is done, we will wait for the entire design whereby the entire slab within that section will be lifted and then we will demolish what was cracked.”

Umahi thanked Tinubu for efforts to advance Nigeria.

He said: “I can assure you that the President means well, and we owe him prayers and support, and God will take us there.”

Next Post
Singer Niniola loses husband

Singer Niniola loses husband

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport