ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Trump to send Additional 5000 Troops to Poland

by Honesty Victor
May 22, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Trump deploys thousands of additional troops to middle east
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

The United States of America is sending an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, as announced by President Donald Trump yesterday. This announcement contradicts Trump and his administration’s previous statements about reducing the presence of US forces in Europe.

“Based on the successful Election of the now President of Poland, Karol Nawrocki, whom I was proud to endorse, and our relationship with him, I am pleased to announce that the United States will be sending an additional 5,000 Troops to Poland,” Trump said on Truth Social.

Trump and the Pentagon have said in recent weeks that they were drawing down at least 5,000 troops in Germany after Chancellor Friedrich Merz said the US was being “humiliated” by the Iranian leadership and criticised what he called a lack of strategy in the war.

RELATED STORIES

Appian Capital plans $400m investment in Namibia’s Omitiomire copper mine

Appian Capital plans $400m investment in Namibia’s Omitiomire copper mine

May 17, 2026
Burkina Faso emerges as Africa’s most promising solar market

Burkina Faso emerges as Africa’s most promising solar market

May 17, 2026

At the beginning of May, Trump, in the media, made a statement about the US “cutting a lot further than 5,000.” As of last week, some 4,000 troops from the Army’s 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, were no longer en route to Poland. The local media of the US reported that the cancelled deployment was part of an effort to comply with Trump’s order to reduce the number of troops in Europe. A deployment to Germany of personnel trained to fire long-range missiles was also halted.

Democratic and Republican lawmakers alike criticised the reductions as sending the wrong signal both to allies and Russian President Vladimir Putin during the 4-year-old war in Ukraine.

Republican Rep Don Bacon of Nebraska said during a congressional hearing that he spoke with Polish officials and they were “blindsided.” He called the decision “reprehensible” and said it was “an embarrassment to our country what we just did to Poland.” Chief Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell said Tuesday that it was “a temporary delay” of the deployment of US forces to Poland, which he called a “model US ally.” He said it was a result of the US reducing the number of brigade combat teams assigned to Europe from four to three and indicated the Pentagon still needed to decide which troops to station where.

It was not clear whether that meant the brigade would resume its deployment to Poland, if additional troops on top of that rotational deployment could be added, or whether there would still be a drawdown of US troops in Europe but from a different country. The Pentagon referred requests for comment to the White House, which did not immediately respond to messages seeking clarity.

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Defense Undersecretary Elbridge Colby both spoke with their Polish counterparts this week.

Trump’s announcement came as Secretary of State Marco Rubio was on his way to Sweden to meet with his NATO counterparts, who have been questioning the Trump administration’s policies on reduced US troop levels in Eurpe.

Next Post
EFCC arraigns 3 for alleged N42m contract fraud in Maiduguri

EFCC arraigns 3 for alleged N42m contract fraud in Maiduguri

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport