The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Trump declares Strait of Hormuz new US territory in social media post

by Honesty Victor
August 18, 2026
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Trump declares Strait of Hormuz new US territory in social media post
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

US President Donald Trump has declared the Strait of Hormuz a “new US territory” in a social media post, escalating his comments over control of the strategic waterway amid the ongoing conflict with Iran.

Trump on Tuesday shared a map graphic on Truth Social, a social media platform he owns, labelling the Strait of Hormuz a “NEW U.S. Territory”.

The same graphic was also posted by the official White House account on X.

RELATED STORIES

Indonesia earthquake death toll hits 47, rescuers search for survivors

Indonesia earthquake death toll hits 47, rescuers search for survivors

August 15, 2026
Trump deploys thousands of additional troops to middle east

US Judge Dismisses Trump Administration’s Antisemitism Lawsuit Against Harvard

August 13, 2026

The image shows a blue-highlighted map of the strait between the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, with a circle around the narrow passage and the words “NEW U.S. Territory” displayed prominently.

The development follows Trump’s recent comments that he would declare the Strait of Hormuz US territory after defeating Iran.

Speaking at a political rally in New York State on Friday, Trump said, “After we finish defeating Iran, which is being very badly defeated—pretty soon I’ll be declaring the Hormuz Strait a territory of the United States.”

“It’s true,” he added.

Trump had also described the idea as “a great idea” and “an excellent idea”, citing the US naval presence and blockade in the region.

The Strait of Hormuz remains one of the world’s most important energy chokepoints, through which roughly 20 percent of global oil and gas typically flows.

The latest development comes amid an ongoing standoff between the United States and Iran over the waterway, with Iran restricting access to much of the strait while the US Navy maintains a blockade of Iranian ports.

Trump had previously said, “We have the blockade. No ships get through unless we want them to.”

Iranian officials have rejected claims of U.S. territorial control.

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Ghalibaf and other figures have stated that the strait will remain closed or under Iranian authority until the United States lifts the blockade, eases related sanctions, and meets other commitments.

Iranian statements have dismissed efforts to claim the waterway through social media posts or military assertions.

Next Post
Why Peace Talks Fail — Notorious terrorist, Ado Aleru reveals

Why Peace Talks Fail — Notorious terrorist, Ado Aleru reveals

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport