The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Navy disrupts illegal refining network, recovers 91,000 litres of crude oil

by Honesty Victor
August 22, 2026
Reading Time: 1 min read
Navy dismantles 5 illegal refining sites in Delta
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

The Nigerian Navy, under Operation DELTA SENTINEL has discovered and dismantled three illegal refining sites within the Okolomade and Ogbogolo areas of Rivers, recovering approximately 91,000ltrs of crude oil.

This is contained in an operational report by the Director of Naval Information, Capt. Abiodun Folorunsho made available to newsmen on Saturday in Abuja.

Folorunsho said that the operation was conducted by personnel of Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) SOROH on Friday following credible intelligence on the suspected reactivation of illegal refining activities within the area.

RELATED STORIES

2027: Wike urges Tinubu supporters to deliver their wards, LGs, states

2027: Wike urges Tinubu supporters to deliver their wards, LGs, states

August 22, 2026
MTN rewards CHAMPS athletes with N1m each after international success

MTN rewards CHAMPS athletes with N1m each after international success

August 22, 2026

He also said that the operation uncovered two cooking drums, two large ovens, 10 reservoirs and four storage facilities associated with illegal refining activities.

“Two makeshift camps suspected to have provided shelter for illegal refiners were also discovered, alongside approximately 91,000 litres of product suspected to be stolen crude oil.

“The operation also led to the discovery of about 70 litres of product suspected to be illegally refined AGO,” he said.

He disclosed that the illegal refining sites, recovered products and associated materials were handled appropriately in accordance with established procedures.

He added that the operation effectively disrupted the reactivated facilities and denied the operators the infrastructure required to resume their activities.

According to him, the latest operation also underscores the navy’s sustained efforts to prevent criminal elements from rebuilding illegal refining infrastructure in areas previously affected by crude oil theft and illegal refining.

Folorunsho reaffirmed the navy’s commitment to degrading the infrastructure supporting crude oil theft, protecting critical national assets and safeguarding Nigeria’s oil and gas resources from economic saboteurs.

Next Post
50 schoolgirls build AI, data solutions in 5-day boot camp

50 schoolgirls build AI, data solutions in 5-day boot camp

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport