ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

LASAA MD, Adedamo Docemo in trouble over illegal employment of staff

by Usman Kadri
January 13, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
LASAA MD, Adedamo Docemo in trouble over illegal employment of staff
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

…as Sanwo-Olu orders sack

The Managing Director of the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA), Adedamo Docemo is going through tough times as the State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, threatened to show him the way out of his cabinet over his unilateral decision to employ 92 workers without his consent.

Docemo according to a reliable source, has been ordered by the governor to sack the 92 workers without further delay.

RELATED STORIES

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

August 29, 2025
BREAKING: FG increases Passport fees amid hardship in Nigeria

FG increases passport fees to N100,000, N200,000

August 28, 2025

In carrying out the governor’s order, Docemo, on Monday issued them letters suspending their employment with the agency indefinitely.

As gathered, the appointment of the 92 workers without Sanwo-Olu’s approval, has put a serious heavy toll on the payroll of the agency at a time the state is battling with dwindling revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The source revealed that Sanwo-Olu also threatened to remove Docemo because his incompetence, maladministration, and lack of managerial skill have become an unbearable embarrassment to him and his government.

It was gathered that the governor had early last week suspended him but for some powerful party chieftains who begged the governor to rescind his decision by pardoning him.

“It is disheartening to note that in last one year, under this debilitating economic condition caused by an outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic and the brutal effect of EndSARS protest, an head of a government agency, could still thoughtlessly engage in illegal hiring of an irrational additional new 92 staff. This has shocked the governor because the wage bill of the agency has skyrocketed to the extent that the sustenance of the agency has become an embarrassment to the government. This is why governor Sanwo-Olu ordered the immediate disengagement of the 92 new staff that Docemo illegally employed,” the source said.

Following the sack of the 92 workers, some of them whose sack letters were prepared and handed over to on Monday, are threatening to take the agency to court, claiming that their employees cannot be indefinitely suspended without justifiable reasons by Docemo since they were duly employed by the agency.

Some sources within the agency said the MD, barely a year in the agency, had been taking such decisions without getting the governor’s approval.

Source: Airwavesreport

Next Post
Barcelona, Real Madrid fight for Spanish Super Cup on StarTimes

Barcelona, Real Madrid fight for Spanish Super Cup on StarTimes

More Articles...

I left PDP for APC without prayers, I’ve now fasted 31 days –Ex-Adamawa Senator, Elisha Abbo

August 30, 2025
NYG 2025: Lagos football team beat Yobe, Bayelsa state respectively

NYG 2025: Lagos football team beat Yobe, Bayelsa state respectively

August 30, 2025
Sports Commission set to name next host of the NYG

Sports Commission set to name next host of the NYG

August 30, 2025
GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

August 29, 2025
With giants campaign, FirstBank is truly woven into the fabric of society 

FirstBank’s N1 trillion digital loan disbursement milestone and the new era of inclusive lending in Nigeria

August 29, 2025
Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

August 29, 2025

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport