ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

Imo crisis: Uzodinma fails to name sponsors

by Usman Kadri
January 4, 2022
Reading Time: 2 mins read
BREAKING: Imo Govt opens up on Hope Uzodinma's heath

Gov. Uzodinma

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

The Imo state governor, Hope Uzodinma on Tuesday failed to mention the names of sponsors of insecurity in Imo state, as he earlier promised to release the names on the 4th of January, 2022.

Instead, the governor of Imo, says Rochas Okorocha, his predecessor, wants to be in charge of the state despite leaving office.

The governor spoke on Tuesday at a stakeholders’ forum in Owerri, the Imo capital.

RELATED STORIES

BREAKING: FG increases Passport fees amid hardship in Nigeria

FG increases passport fees to N100,000, N200,000

August 28, 2025
Dele Momodu: I can’t compete financially with Wike or Atiku

‘Hand of Wike’: Dele Momodu criticises PDP for zoning 2027 presidency to South

August 27, 2025

Earlier on Tuesday, Oguwike Nwachukwu, chief press secretary to Uzodimma, had said Rochas Okorocha, former governor of Imo, and Uche Nwosu, former governorship candidate of the Action Alliance (AA), were named by suspects currently in custody as sponsors of insecurity in the state.

Speaking on Okorocha, he said the former governor should realise that he is no longer in office.

“The difference between the former governors and Okorocha is that he is out of office but he still wants to be in office,” he said.

“Okorocha is a younger brother to me; I am older than him. If not for anything, traditionally, I deserve to be respected by him.

“I don’t want to join issues with him. Let him just know that he is no longer the governor and for the short period I will be here, God’s willing, he should allow me to answer the governor I am.”

Also speaking on insecurity, the governor, who had said on December 18 that he would reveal those behind the recent attacks in the state, made a U-turn and said he will instead allow security agencies to conclude their investigations and charge those sponsoring criminality to court.

“You will recall that I have said that I will use the opportunity of this stakeholders’ meeting to name those behind insecurity in the state,” the governor said.

“Since then, many politicians have latched on that statement to cause problems in the state. Even the media, both mainstream and social, did not help matters.

“I want to crave your indulgence to let us allow the security agencies to finish their investigation, arrest those that are responsible and charge them to court.

“I want to tell you that instead of naming them, I will allow security agencies who are are already investigating those identified to finish their job. Naming them would jeopardise the work of security agencies who are already doing a great job.”

Next Post
NAF appoints new Branch Chiefs, Air Officers commanding, others

NAF appoints new Branch Chiefs, Air Officers commanding, others

More Articles...

GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

August 29, 2025
With giants campaign, FirstBank is truly woven into the fabric of society 

FirstBank’s N1 trillion digital loan disbursement milestone and the new era of inclusive lending in Nigeria

August 29, 2025
Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

August 29, 2025
NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

August 29, 2025
9th National Youth Games 2025: Football teams confirmed

9th National Youth Games 2025: Football teams confirmed

August 29, 2025
Glo celebrates 22 years of innovation, service, empowerment

Glo celebrates 22 years of innovation, service, empowerment

August 29, 2025

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport