ADVERTISEMENT
The Moment Nigeria
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport
No Result
View All Result
The Moment Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport

#EndSARS: Lagos CP warns youths against protest to mark anniversary

by Usman Kadri
October 11, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
endsars protest , what is endsars , nigeria endsars , endsars petition , endsars protest in nigeria , endsars movement , endsars protest in lagos , pray for nigeria endsars , endsars twitter , bbc news endsars ,

CP Odumosu

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsappShare on LinkedIn

Hakeem Odumosu, Lagos state commissioner of police, says the command will not tolerate any protest by youths to commemorate the first anniversary of #EndSARS protest.

In October 2020, Nigerians took to the streets in some parts of the country to protest against the now-disbanded special anti-robbery squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigerian Police Force.

The protest, tagged #EndSARS, was later hijacked by hoodlums, leading to killings and destruction of public buildings.

RELATED STORIES

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

August 29, 2025
Dangote Refinery begins delivery of CNG trucks for fuel distribution initiative

Dangote installs cameras on CNG trucks, recertifying all truck drivers

August 27, 2025

In the past few weeks, there has been the rumour that a protest will be organised in some parts of the country to commemorate the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

Reacting to the development on Monday, Odumosu, in a statement released by Adekunle Ajisebutu, Lagos police spokesperson, said “credible intelligence” has revealed the “clandestine plans” of some youths to embark on a protest to commemorate one year of #EndSARS protest.

The Lagos police commissioner warned those planning the protest to jettison the idea, adding that the command will not fold its arms to allow “misguided elements” to disrupt the peace and serenity of the state.

“Credible intelligence at the disposal of the command has revealed clandestine plans by some youths, individuals or groups to embark on protest today in commemoration of one year anniversary of EndSARS,” the statement reads.

“Lagosians and indeed Nigerians cannot afford to relive the distasteful experience of last year’s protest which caused pain, anguish, needless loss of lives and wanton destruction of public and private property.

“In view of the volatility of the present situations in the country, and the breakdown of law and order which the planned protest might cause, the Lagos state police command sternly warns against any form of protest today.

“The command wishes to use this medium to warn the youths, groups, or associations planning such protest to jettison the idea forthwith. The police in the state will not fold their arms and allow some misguided elements disrupt the peace and serenity currently being enjoyed in the state.

“Therefore, parents and guardians are advised to warn their children against participating in the planned protest. Individuals or groups sponsoring such protests are also warned in their own interest to desist from such unpatriotic plans or face the full weight or wrath of the law.”

Next Post
Court sacks 17 Ebonyi lawmakers over defection to APC

Alleged N1.5bn Debt: Court freezes Bauchi State Government Accounts

More Articles...

GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

GTCO increases GTBank’s Paid-Up Capital to ₦504 billion

August 29, 2025
With giants campaign, FirstBank is truly woven into the fabric of society 

FirstBank’s N1 trillion digital loan disbursement milestone and the new era of inclusive lending in Nigeria

August 29, 2025
Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

Chelle picks Ekong, Osimhen, 21 others in final 23

August 29, 2025
NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

NUJ condemns harassment, arrest of Journalist, Azuka Ogujiuba

August 29, 2025
9th National Youth Games 2025: Football teams confirmed

9th National Youth Games 2025: Football teams confirmed

August 29, 2025
Glo celebrates 22 years of innovation, service, empowerment

Glo celebrates 22 years of innovation, service, empowerment

August 29, 2025

STANBIC IBTC ADVERT

About Us

Themomentng.com is an online community of reporters and social advocates dedicated to bringing you features, news reports by Africans, but from a global perspective.

Contact Us

+447771081433
+2348051966180(WhatsApp/SMS Only)
Email: themomentng@gmail.com

Categories

  • Business
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Featured
  • Food
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Metro
  • Motoring
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Technology
  • Top Story

Follow Us

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Copyright © Themomentng.com. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Life and Styles
  • Sport